Sr Devops Engineer United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr Devops Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support the growing infrastructure of the Messaging Whatsapp team through automation, testing and instrumentation aimed at ensuring Twilio products achieve and retain high availability and performance the customer deserves.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build and optimize Twilio Whatsapp kubernetes cluster infrastructure that manages over 20,000 nodes
- Build strategies and automation to upgrade kube clusters
- Build tools to emit sufficient logging, monitoring and alerting that correctly depict the health of the system
- Coach and mentor other team members in building better infrastructure.
- Build and maintain highly scalable distributed services architecture
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of experience in managing kubernetes infrastructure.
- 3-4 years of prior experience in Devops or SRE roles
- Experience with Microservices architecture
- Experience building and maintaining large scale distributed services architecture.
- Experience in one or more programming languages such as golang, java, scala etc.
- Strong dislike of toil, seeks joy through automation of all the things
- Strong fundamentals in Systems Design and Computer Science
- Strong communicator fluent in written and verbal English
- Experience and or certifications in AWS is an advantage
This role will be based in Remote in the USA.
Approximately <10%> travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $96,096 - $132,132
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3720287