Sr DevOps Engineer- Multiple countries Worldwide
Company: Modus Create
Modus Create is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer. If you walk the line between software development and IT operations, we want to speak with you!
This contract role may be remote and requires an estimated at 40 hours per week.
- Migration of applications from various sources to AWS
- Manage a mix of platforms including AWS, RightScale, VMWare, and on-premise servers.
- Make a variety of different build/deploy processes consistent
- Coordinate with development and operations teams to support development, testing, and deployments
- Integrate monitoring and alerts
- Daily collaboration with a remote agile team
- Adopt new cloud technologies and best practices
- Support database platforms and assist developers with optimization
- 3+ years of experience as AWS DevOps/SRE and software development (or QA automation)
- Scalable, highly-available, monitored & cost-effective systems in AWS
- Ability to set up a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipeline.
- Virtualization and containerization environments, especially with Docker (Ideally ECS/EKS-k8s).
- Management of continuous integration systems, e.g. Jenkins, Codefresh, Bamboo
- Linux system administration
- Networking administration: routing, subnetting, firewalls, DNS, SSL Certificates, security, performance, high availability, and disaster recovery.
- Proficiency in scripting languages: bash (mandatory), Ruby, Python, others.
- Ability to set up and customize open source software, such as LAMP stack CMS systems and Java applications in the cloud.
- Familiarity with multiple database systems, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with configure management systems, e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with infrastructure management systems, e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation, ARP
- Familiarity with deployment methods and infrastructures for supporting blue/green, A/B testing, live/canary, etc.
Nice to have
- Experience with monitoring tools and APMs such as Nagios, LogicMonitor, New Relic, AppDynamic, DataDog or similar tooling.
- Working knowledge of Splunk, ELK or other log management tools.
- Experience with Kubernetes (bonus points of AWS EKS.)
- Experience with automated functional testing with Cucumber, Selenium Webdriver, Watir, Capybara, or similar systems.
Highly qualified candidates will have:
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Software estimation skills, including Agile estimation with Story Points and Scrum planning experience.
- Substantial open source contributions to tools or methodologies used in the DevOps field
- Have designed and taught classes in an area of technical expertise
- Track record of active participation across social media (Stack Overflow, programming language/ framework forums, Meetup groups, blogging, Twitter)
Let’s Talk about You
You value outcomes above all else. You ship great products. By understanding the big picture, you articulate strategy and vision with strong written and verbal communication.
You lead by doing. You realize that the big picture is worthless without getting your hands dirty. You understand the value of situational leadership and can adapt to the needs and strength of your team.
You love work, growth and learning. You thrive in a culture that values hard work, continued learning and innovation to build amazing products for clients. You’ll stop learning when you are dead.
Let’s Talk About Us
Modus Create is a Product Studio offering consulting services and SaaS products for strategic planning, design and execution of web-based and mobile products, and DevOps. We work across multiple industries with Fortune 1000, ISVs, and startups to validate, plan and launch new products. Headquartered in Reston, VA, we are a global, bootstrapped team that has grown from 2 to 185+ people in 45+ countries in 8 years, committed to building the best product consulting firm on the planet. We offer a highly collaborative, autonomous and effective working environment. We love and believe in what we do. This is your chance to be part of building something great.
Why Modus Create
- Competitive compensation
- Ability to work remotely / telecommute
- Working side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Do you have what it takes? Let’s start a conversation.