Sr. Content Marketing Manager, Industries United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr. Content Marketing Manager, Industries.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to manage content creation and editorial planning as part of Twilio’s content team. In this invaluable role, you’ll be supporting our industry-specific audience growth, including Financial Services and HealthCare Life Sciences Industry. You bring a high bar for editorial quality, the ability to simplify complex topics through writing and editing, and proven expertise in putting a content plan into action – across production, optimization, and amplification.
In this role, you’ll:
- Write, edit, and curate original content for industry-specific audiences as mentioned above
- Leverage content of all kinds – including influencer interviews, blog posts, brand journalism, multimedia series, social campaigns, and SEO articles – to meet content marketing goals and objectives
- Plan and maintain an editorial calendar that supports marketing and product marketing strategy
- Pitch new story ideas and content formats
- Collaborate with product marketing, creative, campaigns, social media, customer marketing, and program management as key collaborators
- Together with key stakeholders, prioritize topics within the editorial calendar, ensure consistent quality, and optimize delivery across channels
- Maintain clear, organized communication to partners, even as team goals and priorities shift
- Interview Twilio customers and incorporate their voices into content to tell their unique, inspiring stories
- Measure success and test new ways of doing things
- Contribute to other content team initiatives – including events, critical communications, and executive presentations – when needed
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing, journalism, or professional writing/editing at a tech company (or within a similar fast-paced industry)
- Knowledge of how to speak to industry leaders and audiences, as well as content marketing, social media, and content delivery trends
- Deep knowledge and interest in at least one of our target industries, particularly as to how the sectors are leveraging tech and digital transformation to enhance customer engagement.
- Past experience as a lead writer or editor following a style guide. Only the best content passes your sniff test, and you take pride in your first draft.
- Creative problem solver who can not only identify gaps or opportunities, but also offers ways to address them. When you encounter obstacles, you find an effective solution with a positive attitude.
- Excessively organized. Your calendar is your best friend, and while leading meetings with team members, you make sure their time is well spent.
- Proven ability to work well externally: with customers, with channel partners, and with agencies.
- Beyond external content, you bring internal communication excellence – using PowerPoint, Google Slides, and other meeting tools to get the whole team onboard. You use on-slide visuals and a sparkling talk track to share data, ideas, and insights quickly.
- Social media and influencer marketing skills are a plus.
- Experience working with industry publications and syndicated content
- Ability to pull content metrics using Google Analytics and Tableau
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices
This role will be remote, and based in United States.
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $99,360 - $124,200.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4241439