Sourcing/Category Specialist - Contract role United States
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking to hire a Software Sourcing Category Specialist (Contractor) for the Strategic Sourcing team. This person will help drive all software vendor commercial contract negotiations.
You will be set up with our preferred contingent workforce vendor.
Twilio is looking for a strong individual contributor with 5+ yrs experience in Software procurement, negotiations, vendor and category management.
With a strong software procurement background you are a lead negotiator and will be well versed in various levers to attain cost savings demonstrable experience in delivering savings and value. You’ll have a strong understanding of SAAS, Enterprise software and license management
- You’re data driven and detail oriented relying on research and benchmarks and your strong knowledge of the software vendor landscape
- You will have experience of negotiating software commercial concepts including true ups, tiered discount structures and penalties for burst etc.
- Exceptional skills in redling legal and commercial contract clauses
- Knowledge of RFx creation and able to draft, run, collate, and build scorecards and competitive bid diligence
- You have a strong exec presence and analytical mindset able to provide data driven insights clearly and you have a high degree of attention to detail
- You have established strong supplier, team, and partner relationships and understand key supplier compliance and software security risks
- You’re able to move fast and make right calls. An exceptional communicator
- You are an organized and Independent self-starter, able to problem solve, produce data driven insights from analysis and research and escalate as appropriate
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, utilizing JIRA for intake and Coupa (purchasing system)
- You have experience in utilizing benchmarks from Gartner, Forrestor etc to bolster your negotiation position
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Tech, Legal, Engineering or equivalent work experience (MBA preferred)
As Software Sourcing Specialist, you will:
- Lead negotiations for software category items assigned and deliver savings
- Determine appropriate pricing models, bids & contracts
- Develop data driven analysis and be very comfortable with excel - ROI, TCO models providing recommendations to address nuances in structured deals that allow scale as we grow
- Manage commercial aspects of software licensing renewal, upgrade, true-ups, draw downs etc.
- Advise/assist internal customers regarding software procurement process and update JIRA tickets and review Coupa approvals and contracts
- Work closely with finance teams to ensure negotiated contract compliance is within budget allocated
- Update systems; JIRA, Coupa, and develop recommendations/ presentations for exec review
- Work closely with legal and information security teams to review drafts of contracts and ensure the complaint process is followed in accordance with procurement policy. Obtaining legal, customer and management approval
The Strategic Sourcing Function is responsible for executing third party vendor strategy and procurement to serve Twilio’s Technology and Corporate needs through an efficient global sourcing, continuously driving vendors toward optimal pricing, and terms. As Twilio grows, it is critical that we leverage our purchasing power and design a thoughtful and strategic global sourcing capability to keep our fellow Twilions supplied with all the support that they need from our third-party partners.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2382790