Solutions Delivery Engineer - A Different Kind of DevOps role US - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision made by modern engineering organizations.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
If you want to have a greater impact in the open source ecosystem by enabling our Customers to use new technology to build better software faster - then you should keep reading. Our ultimate goal is to ensure our customers maximize the value of their investment in the Sonatype Nexus Platform. Solutions Delivery Engineers (SDE) deliver specific services to accelerate time-to-value by creatively overcoming technical and product adoption challenges. As an SDE, you will also identify common patterns and/or obstacles customers are facing to influence the evolution of the product portfolio and best practices. Note - Although this is a 100% remote role, we expect that travel to customer locations will initially be 40%.
Why this role matters
Our customers are enterprise architects, security officers, developers, DevOps managers. We offer them subscriptions to valuable DevSecOps solutions that work. As long as our customers value their investment, they continue to renew and expand their deployments. No value = no growth and no renewal.
Fortunately, our customers find us easy to work with (as reported via customer sat surveys). They trust Sonatype and value their investments, as demonstrated by our 90%+ renewal rate -- one of the highest renewal rates in the software subscription business. We choose not to rest on our laurels. If our customers are not properly deployed, optimized, or have compromised rollouts due to their lack of time, technical know-how/resources, or understanding of best practices - it will inhibit our mutual ability to achieve success. That is why this role is so important.
What our Solutions Delivery Engineers do:
- Deliver hands-on implementation services of the Sonatype Nexus Platform to ensure smooth on boarding, faster adoption, increased footprint, etc.
- Work with customers to directly help them overcome obstacles that may be inhibiting desired outcomes
- Develop custom scripts integrating core product functionality with related tooling
- Work in concert with Customer Success Engineers, Sales Engineers, and Sonatype Partners to ensure customers are set for long-term success
- Share field insights with your peers in Customer Success as well as our Sales, Product Marketing, and Engineering teams.
- Provide feedback on how to bring more valuable functionality to the product based on customer reactions and your hands-on experiences.
- Act as the voice of the customer - use your insights to help us drive improvements and influence product roadmap.
- Ensure customers are SUCCESSFUL and DELIGHTED with Sonatype products and services, not merely satisfied
What we're looking for in this position:
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on development / DevOps tooling experience
- Broad knowledge of modern software development life cycles and hands-on experience with the tooling development organizations use to build applications is important. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Source code version control systems (e.g. git)
- Modern build tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Package managers (e.g. Maven, Gradle, Nuget, NPM, etc.)
- Artifact repositories (e.g. Nexus Repository Manager)
- Continuous Delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Udeploy, XL Deploy etc.)
- Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, etc.)
- Experience initiating and driving technical projects to completion
- Experience working cross-functionally alongside Engineering and Sales organizations
- Ability to travel 40%
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Well-honed project management and organizational skills
Things that we proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- See why we've won these awards and enjoy a 4.6 Glassdoor rating.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.