Solutions Architect (Pre-Sales) - Atlanta Metro Area United States - Remote /
We are 350+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2019. Sonatype is committed to an inclusion for all workplace, we encourage all to apply. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype are experiencing dramatic growth and we’re looking to add a passionate, driven and talented Solutions Architect to our Southwest team working 100% remote. The Solutions Architect will help prospective customers discover, learn and implement a DevSecOps approach to increase the speed, security and quality of their software.
The ideal candidate has outstanding technical acumen, great social skills and excels in customer engagements. If you have the soft skills to match your technical prowess, and thrive in a fast-moving fast-growing environment, we want to talk to you.
You should feel passionate about working with incredibly smart people and helping them do things better. Our customers are enterprise architects, security officers, developers, and DevOps managers.
What you’ll do
- Take a consultative approach to understanding our customer’s current software development practises and identify opportunities to improve them with Sonatype’s solutions.
- Provide technical recommendations on how to improve their Software Supply Chain and DevSecOps practices using Sonatype solutions.
- Deliver compelling software demonstrations, customer proof-of-concept (POC) engagements and reference architectures showcasing the value of Sonatype’s Solutions.
- Act as a resource to educate your sales colleagues on relevant product knowledge.
- Assist in completing RFP/RFIs with sales teams and other technical resources at Sonatype.
- Work closely with sales and technical colleagues to achieve a regional based sales quota.
- Communicate important customer product feedback to Sonatype product management.
- Opportunities to attend and present at meetups and trade shows to build presence and awareness and share experiences.
- Become a trusted DevSecOps technical advisor to customers and the community.
- Keep on top of the latest trends in the SDLC tooling landscape.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2+ years developing software and/or relevant pre-sales or consulting experience.
- Familiarity with tooling used in the SDLC including: VCSs (e.g., git, svn, etc.), modern build tools (e.g., Jenkins), package managers (e.g., Maven, Gradle, Nuget, NPM, etc.), artifact repositories (e.g. Nexus), continuous delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Udeploy, XL Deploy etc.), container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, etc.)
- Great Interpersonal and customer facing skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or a equivalent level of study plus 2+ years of experience in the field.
- Experience in application security / DevSecOps is highly desired.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.