Solution Engineering Lead, US East Americas
About the role
The Solution Engineering Lead is responsible for defining and scaling a team that will provide solutioning services to merchants in the Shopify sales funnel across the US East region. The Solution Engineering Lead is ultimately responsible for the team’s revenue contribution, merchant retention through onboarding, and solution enablement for Shopify. While working closely with the Sales Organization, this role would be part of the broader Technology Services leadership group in US East Territory, and would also encompass strategic initiatives that would impact technical merchant facing teams.
Shopify is a remote-first environment. Candidates are expected to work in an Eastern Time zone in the USA or Canada.
- Develop and grow a team of enterprise Solutions Engineers
- Create a collaborative and engaging culture to reward effective technical sales, responsibility and long term merchant success
- Identify and secure merchants that are a strong fit for the platform
- Identify opportunities to scale the impact of the Shopify Plus solution
- Build and maintain internal relationships (Sales, Launch, Product...etc.) while advocating for prospective and current merchants
- Identify and own initiatives to improve and develop the team’s craft and performance
- Coach, mentor and develop the team through strong and frequent feedback
- Directly contributing to deals to gain context and understanding of the Solutions Engineer role
You'll need to have:
Strong technical background, with demonstrated success in R&D, sales and/or merchant facing roles.
Experience in eCommerce platforms, technologies, and trends is a big plus.
Can demonstrate a clear understanding of metrics based performance coaching
Experience working closely with or directly as a Solutions Engineer individual contributor or leader
Must enjoy being a part of the pre-sales process and working with sales teams
Ability to speak comfortably to Shopify’s platform, roadmap, major tech partners, competition, and common enterprises merchant integrations & challenges.
Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments within Plus to provide a valuable and consistent Merchant Experience
Exhibits strength in the 5 Expectations of Leadership
Hire the Best People
Set and Hold High Standards
Create the Conditions for Success
Invest in Strong Relationships
Be Great Storytellers
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.