Software Support Analyst Boston, Massachusetts, United States
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 10,000 businesses.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of almost 50 people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a Technical Software Support Analyst to be a part of our team that directly supports our customers using TaxJar and our sales tax integrations for Magento and WooCommerce.
You will join our technical support team within the product engineering group and help us support and improve the TaxJar product our customers love. You will serve as the first point of contact for our customers and partners seeking technical assistance over the phone or email for the TaxJar application and services. You will perform remote troubleshooting and use targeted questions to provide customers the best solution based on the provided information and knowledge of TaxJar's application.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
On the Technical Support team you will
- Solve technical problems for customers on a daily basis. Our software support analysts need to be fast learners and get up to speed quickly on our product and integrations.
- Categorize and quickly respond to customer questions and requests via email (we use Help Scout).
- Face debugging issues not only within our own Ruby and PHP codebase but also with the many technologies employed by our customers.
- Troubleshoot SmartCalcs API questions, and help customers with WooCommerce plugin and Magento extension questions.
- Track & monitor all customer requests and trending product issues.
- Distill complex issues into underlying causes and work directly with our product development teams to deploy solutions while consistently delivering world-class support.
- Interact with the developers to help identify root causes to bugs and exceptions reported by customers or by our application.
- Proven experience in a technical help desk or customer support role
- Demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot errors in one or all SQL, Ruby and PHP
- Experience supporting open source carts like WooCommerce and Magento
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications
- Experience working with a remote team
- Extremely patient...sales tax can be painful and our goal is to ease that pain :-)
- Ability to multitask on various client issues and prioritize issues.
- Approaches success from the customer’s point of view
- You enjoy teaching
- Able to explain complex concepts in easy to understand language
- Interested in understanding the ins-and-outs of sales tax
- Attentive to details, both in communication and in explaining how TaxJar works
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy (we’ll actually pay you $500 a year to take time off!)
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.
Vacancy page : https://taxjar.workable.com/j/C87D8ABF4A