Software Engineering Manager Worldwide
Collage.com’s mission is to make custom products easy for everyone. We strive to do this by providing superior software and excellent customer service. We sell an expanding variety of photo and home products, including photo blankets, photo books, canvases, pillows, and more. Our company has been featured on the TODAY Show, The View, and Good Morning America many times. We are a 100% bootstrapped and employee-owned company that has rapidly grown to 40 employees and $25M annual revenue over the past five years.
We are seeking an ambitious and nice engineering leader who shares our passion for building a great software company and thinks that remote work is the way of the future. This is a unique opportunity to help define how a remote software team should communicate, grow, and have fun while getting stuff done. Our goal is to hire and support great engineers. As a manager with founders behind you who believe in the power of excellent software engineering, you will be responsible for enabling a team of smart, ambitious people to do their best work. If you are seeking an environment where you get to do meaningful work with like-minded peers, then we want to hear from you.
- Manage several mid- to senior-level full-stack software engineers who work on a large-scale web application using modern development practices.
- Set and implement standards for code quality and speed of development.
- Help engineers overcome personal, process, and technical problems.
- Coach and provide feedback to reports for personal growth.
- Assess skills and structure roles/responsibilities.
- Interface with product managers and stakeholders to meet business goals.
- Work with upper management to address team-wide challenges.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager with direct reports
- 5+ years overall software engineering experience, including professional experience with a large-scale application
- High empathy and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication is essential for this remote-only position
Benefits and Perks
- Working from home makes it easier to focus on results and develop professionally while spending less time commuting. (See our opinion piece on perks and work-life balance at mlive.com.)
- 401(k) plan, home internet reimbursement, and $3,000 / year in free Collage.com products plus employee discount for friends and family.
- Collage.com pays 100% of the premium for full health, vision and dental insurance coverage for you and your family in a high-quality Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan.
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy (work hard and take time when you need it).
- We’ll pay for any computer and home office equipment (within reason) that will help you work better.
The Interview Process
The goal of our interview process for this role is to identify people who will be a good fit for our company and are talented, ambitious engineering leaders. Because you will be working remotely, all of our interviews are done over the phone in close succession to move through the process quickly.
During the interview process, you will talk to other engineers, a product manager, and both founders/CEOs of the company. We believe in transparency, and will give you the opportunity to speak with anyone else you’d like to meet before accepting an offer. You are making an important decision, and we want to make sure you are fully committed to joining our team.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/collagecom/jobs/4055469002