Software Engineering Manager - Octoservices Remote - US / Canada
Do you want to make software development a delight for the entire world? Join us at GitHub! We want you to help build and deliver the best end to end software development experience across GitHub.
We’re looking for world-class software engineers to join GitHub’s Octoservices organization. We provide the tools and services that empower GitHub staff and our customers. Octoservices is responsible for the full stack of features and technologies that power Admin Experiences, Audit Logs, Migration, Learning Lab, Docs, and more .tools and services that enable our millions of customers to use GitHub, increasing the impact of software solutions at a global scale.
Octoservices is growing fast and is hiring for many different frontend, backend, and full-stack roles across these services, so please reference the qualifications below to determine if any of these roles would be a good fit for you. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as an engineer with a distributed, diverse and passionate team delivering features and improvements to the stack. You’ll work with our team of engineers, designers, writers, and product managers to build and maintain customer-facing experiences and backend solutions to enable high-quality services running at global scale and deliver those experiences into the hands of millions of developers across the world.
- You will manage a remote team of 8-10 software engineers and create a psychological safe environment for a diverse team.
- You will be responsible to create and foster high-performance culture in your team.
- You will cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging.
- You will meet with team members 1:1 on a regular basis and give frequent, actionable feedback tos support your team’s career development.
- You will hire engineers and ensure that engineers on the team are learning, growing, and advancing in their respective careers.
- You will create a shared understanding of decision making, direction, and progress for the team, the company, and the community.
- You will be responsible for overall planning, execution and success of important technical projects.
- You will work with engineering, design, and product leadership to ensure alignment and progress towards meeting milestones.
- You will ensure the team builds software that is architecturally consistent and of high quality.
- 3+ years experience as an engineering manager
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Strong attention to detail, planning, and organization
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Passionate about healthy team culture and collaboration
- Experience developing a strategy and roadmap for your teams
- Experience managing distributed remote teams
- Experience designing large scale cloud application systems
- Experience communicating with high-level stakeholders and executing large initiatives in an iterative fashion
- Passionate about technical leadership and mentorship
- Passionate about creating inclusive practices in a team
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2956569