Software Engineer Americas, EMEA
Location Work from Home: North America or Western Europe
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organizations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
The Canonical Distribution of Kubernetes is a pure upstream Kubernetes offering on Ubuntu. It runs anywhere Ubuntu runs, from a developer laptop, to a rack of bare metal servers, to all of the major public clouds. As a Software Engineer on the Kubernetes team, you will be a member of a distributed development team contributing to every aspect of our Kubernetes offering. The successful candidate will be a strong individual contributor, a self-starter with strong Python and Kubernetes skills, and you enjoy periodic global travel, we'd like to talk to you!
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Taking ownership of problems and driving them to solutions
- Python programming, debugging, and testing
- Writing and maintaining automated tests
- Participating in code reviews
- Participating in team meetings
- Interacting with and assisting users on IRC and Slack
- Travelling periodically for team sprints, conferences, and/or field support engagements
- Assisting with CI and release management tasks
- Writing documentation for new features
The successful Software Engineer will have:
- University education, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Involvement in open source projects in the past
- Understanding of how to be part of a distributed team
- Quarterly travel for a week at a time is expected.
- 2-5 years of current Python programming experience
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Strong Linux experience
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Flexible working option
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/canonical/jobs/1216836