Software Engineer - Telco - Open Source MANO › Home based - EMEA
Canonical's Charmed OSM team is looking for talented developers to join a distributed engineering team focused on delivering the best product possible.
This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, Telco, and OSM. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, the growing international software company behind Ubuntu.
Charmed OSM is an open-source implementation of the ETSI NFV MANO (MANagement and Orchestration) stack developed and maintained by Canonical. It is architected as a set of microservices written in Python. We aim to deliver the cleanest and best MANO solution and are growing the team to keep expanding its feature set and scale in order to meet its increasing demand.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high quality code following best practices to create new features
- Debug issues and produce high quality code to fix them
- Review code produced by other engineers
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Participate in OSM events like Hackfests or Webinars
- Work from home with global travel 6 to 8 weeks for internal and external events
Who you are
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You have previous experience working with Python
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have passion for quality and testing
- You have interest and experience with two or more of the following: Ubuntu Linux, Kubernetes, OpenStack, QEMU/KVM, LXC/LXD
- You are familiar with ETSI NFV standards
Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.