Software Engineer, Sync Remote Canada, Remote US
Are you a curious software developer who is motivated by learning continuously and working collaboratively in the open? Perhaps you already know why Rust is the most-loved programming language, or maybe you are ready to learn it and love it too! If so, we'd like to talk with you about coming to work at Mozilla, where you can join our small distributed team to help bring the connected Firefox experience to more of our global users.
What you’ll do:
- Provide Firefox users with a seamless experience to access and manage their personal browsing data (history, bookmarks, logins and more) across platforms and devices.
- Work together with our team to get our new experimentation sdk and multi-language bindings generator tools production ready to support our internal experimentation platform.
- Help us evolve the application-services library that is at the core of our new Firefox for Android browser sync and storage features; continue to support their implementation in Firefox for iOS and Firefox Desktop.
- Grow your knowledge of the Firefox browser to support Firefox Sync and Send tab functionality across devices.
- Provide constructive feedback, timely reviews and well-documented ideas to help us improve our team practices and skills.
What you already do:
- You have experience using low-level languages such as C++, Golang or Rust to solve tough problems and it brings you joy.
- When solving problems, you can work independently and ask for assistance when you feel stuck. You seek to learn about the business value and impact of your work.
- You clearly express your ideas to your peers and maximize your impact by sharing what you’ve learned through documentation and demos.
What will make you happier here:
- You are comfortable working collaboratively with a remote and globally distributed team, often iterating on ideas asynchronously.
- You provide constructive feedback to your peers; you receive feedback graciously.
- A desire to ship well-crafted code which highlights your growing professionalism in its consideration for the user experience and positive impact on the team objectives.
- You are curious by nature and enjoy learning.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/2599610