Software Engineer - SMS Remote - Sweden
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to develop the future platform of communications. Twilio SMS Engineering is looking for a Software Engineer to join our SMS team to work on our SMS connectivity layer with the purpose to build and optimize for SMS delivery. To take it to scale, you will be developing a complex distributed platform in Java and will be concerned with availability, throughput, latency, and data integrity. At the core are cloud technologies that enable deployment and management of computing resources globally.
In this role you'll be working alongside a small and collaborative team, white-boarding ideas, building and operating your team's services in a distributed production environment in the DevOps model. Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests. Collaborate with your Tech Lead and other Software Engineers to tackle complex problems in distributed systems.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Proficient Java experience. Experience with at least one framework in which you can be called a specialist.
- Comfortable working with highly scalable large distributed systems, relational databases like MySQL, data pipeline systems and frameworks to build high-performance RESTful web services.
- Proficient (and outspoken) on what makes a good REST API.
- Experience designing, building and deploying critical systems.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills. You work with your team towards common goals.
- A healthy ability to manage and resolve conflict - you have the ability to listen, present, and question effectively.
- Knowledge of processes and engineering best practices in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - You are confident in writing down and communicating your designs and decisions throughout the development lifecycle. You are also comfortable providing and receiving feedback in an Agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
This role will be based remotely from Malmo.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3706723