Software Engineer (Shopify) Remote /
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency founded in 2006. We are a remote-first team with members across the world and an office in New York City. We partner with the world’s most loved brands to scale and optimize their direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses through brand, UX/design, technology/development, and marketing strategy.
Barrel specializes in the Fashion & Apparel, CPG Food & Beverage, Beauty & Skincare and Home Goods verticals. Past and current clients include L’Oreal Paris, Gap, SmartyPants Vitamins, Rowing Blazers, Barry’s, & ScottsMiracle-Gro.
Barrel is looking for an experienced Shopify Software Engineer to join our remote-first team - you can work from anywhere in the US and Canada. You will be responsible for partnering with our Technical and internal teams to redesign and launch new web and mobile products for our clients.
· Architect and/or implement front-end or back-end technical solutions based on the requirements of the project
· Conduct technical requirements gathering, technical analysis and development of tech specs.
· Ensure that correct technology processes are being employed and followed on projects.
· Provide guidance and training to new members joining the team.
· Planning features utilizing sprints and juggle simultaneous feature development across multiple projects.
- Strong working knowledge of Shopify (liquid, APIs, Graphql)
- Tech Stack: Sass/PostCSS, VueJS, Webpack (NuxtJS a plus)
- Experience with Serverless on platforms like pipedream, aws lambda, zapier, netlify, vercel, etc
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for performance and accessibility (WCAG)
- Experience working with source/version control platforms (Git)
- Experience with shell environments and UNIX/Linux administration—need to know well enough to be dangerous with the command line.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices—need to be familiar with tools like GSC, Screaming Frog, Structured Data test
- Experience working on large scale technology projects successfully.
- Experience in effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills (both in person and in writing) while interacting with individuals with a range of technical understanding.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Comfortable working in a Mac environment.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 4 + years of front-end development experience; prior experience working in a design or advertising agency is a must
- Expertise with Shopify, it's APIs and plugins.
- Expert knowledge developing cross platform/browser (iOS, Android, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for web applications.
As a full-time member of the Barrel team, we offer the following benefits:
- Remote Work
- Competitive Salary
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Half-day Fridays all year round
- Remote home setup stipend
- 401k match
- Professional development stipend
Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.