Software Engineer (Python/OpenStack) Americas, EMEA
Job Location: North America / Western Europe - your home, given appropriate facilities including broadband Internet.
Ubuntu is the fastest growing Linux distribution, with over 20 million users in just a few years. The project is aimed on reducing barriers to innovation globally by providing free access to an open technology platform.
OpenStack is the open source cloud platform used by institutions and people all over the world to deliver compute on demand and at scale.
As a Software Engineer on the OpenStack team you will be responsible for collaborating with a very active distributed development team on all the tasks involved in the development process.
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high-quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and produce high-quality code to fix them
- Review code produced by other developers
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
Required skills and experience
- Excellent Python programming experience
- Degree level education, preferably in a technology field
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Involvement in open source projects in the past
- Understanding of how to be part of a distributed team
- May travel often and for a couple of weeks
- Collaborate with OpenStack upstream, and keep up-to-date on OpenStack project direction
- Perform automated and manual testing of features with OpenStack, MAAS, and other Ubuntu Server components
- Identify, isolate, and document bugs clearly and concisely
- Assist with OpenStack releases for Juju Charms and Ubuntu
- Strong OpenStack development experience
- Strong Storage (Ceph, Swift, Luster, Gluster) experience
- Knowledge of OpenStack architecture
- Knowledge of service orchestration specifically with Juju
- Experience with Ubuntu Cloud
- Experience with Ubuntu package development
- Experience with OpenStack deployment and configuration
- Experience with Test driven development and continuous integration development methodologies
Keywords: python, openstack, rabbitmq, keystone, nova, neutron, percona, mysql, sql, agile, linux, ubuntu, home, remote, travel, open source
Reports to: OpenStack Engineering Manager
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/canonical/jobs/1109127