Software Engineer, PaymentsRemoteEngineering – Engineering Worldwide
Kickstarter, PBC is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our team and help deliver great experiences for Kickstarter creators and backers .
About the Team
Kickstarter’s product development team builds the platform that helps bring creative projects to life. We're a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and data analysts working collaboratively using iterative, data-driven, and outcome oriented approaches to solve problems.
Our work touches every area of the platform as we develop new features and functionality. Our ability to develop valuable, maintainable and useful solutions opens up more opportunities for creators and backers to bring creative projects to life.
We build features with modern frameworks like Ruby on Rails, React, Atomic CSS, Redux, Apollo, and TypeScript, all backed by a GraphQL API. We use iterative and data-driven processes to build and refine our platform that supports our mission of bringing creative projects to life.
In This Role, You Will:
- Work closely and collaboratively within a cross functional team of product managers, designers, engineers, as well as other stakeholders.
- Iteratively research, experiment, and develop products and features to solve real problems for Kickstarter creators and backers.
- Contribute to continuous learning and share knowledge with other team members and across the engineering organization.
- Design and build scalable systems which balance user needs, business requirements, and resource constraints.
- Consider impacts of your work through building quality code, UI, testing patterns, code readability, documentation.
- You have solid experience building distributed and scalable web applications.
- You have experience building applications with RoR as a preference but any other scripted/interpreted language would be nice to have.
- Experience with React and Redux is a plus.
- You have a pragmatic approach to writing well-tested, maintainable code.
- You value sharing knowledge, personal growth, positive feedback, and continuously improving engineering and team practices.
- You empathize with creators, the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.