Software Engineer - OpenStack and Kubernetes United States or Canada
Software Engineer, OpenStack and Kubernetes - Work from Home, United States or Canada
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
A Software Engineer, OpenStack and Kubernetes in the Sustaining Engineering Group is key for the success of our enterprise customers, partners and Ubuntu projects.
You will help with troubleshooting and driving customer bugs to resolution by providing workarounds, guidance, and designing and authoring fixes to be released in Ubuntu and its supporting software packages.
Your role will primarily provide sustaining engineering support for OpenStack and Kubernetes as well as Linux Server engineering around the Ubuntu platform.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Resolve complex problems related to OpenStack, Kubernetes and Ubuntu
- Resolve complex problems in orchestration and deployment technologies including Juju, MAAS, charms, snaps and others.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Canonical's s Customer Engagement and Product Engineering teams
- Analyse and participate in upstream development against current customer-reported bugs, developing and backporting patches as appropriate.
- Ability to identify and apply efficient problem solving techniques.
- Manage workload to ensure that customer issues are all timely handled and driven to resolution.
- Participate in team discussions and meetings to improve process, tools, and documentation.
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate technical documentation.
- Be able to travel internationally up to 10% of work time for team meetings, events and conferences
The Successful Software Engineer, OpenStack and Kubernetes will have:
- A minimum of 5+ years or equivalent experience as software engineer is required
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree is preferred
- Extensive experience with OpenStack and/or Kubernetes with upstream patches preferred
- Knowledge of OpenStack and/or Kubernetes architecture and internals.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization and container technologies including QEMU/KVM, libvirt, and LXC/LXD.
- Strong understanding of SDN and traditional networking.
- Strong development level experience with C, Python, and Golang.
- Solid troubleshooting experience using gdb, pdb, OS & application tracing/profiling mechanisms, and other analysis tools
- Experience in Linux system administration
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/canonical/jobs/1290455