Software Engineer - Mobile Robots Worldwide
Company: Demiurge Technologies AG
At Demiurge, your role will be deploying and learning and control algorithms for mobile robotic platforms (e.g. level-4 autonomous vehicles).
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Develop automated unit and stress testing.
- Developing coding standards and best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Write well architecture, robust and maintainable code using company coding standard.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to understand their testing needs.
- PhD or Masters in computer science, machine learning, robotics, or a related discipline.
- One or more years of experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Capable of working independently and overcoming challenges without supervision while being a team player.
Desired Skills and expreience
- DL frameworks such as Caffe, Theano, Pylearn 2, Torch.
- One or more years of experiences with participating in top-tier projects developing level-4 autonomous vehicles with sophisticated arrays of sensors and actuators.
- Background in aerospace engineering, robotics, lidar perception, radar signal processing, machine vision, and/or audio processing
- One or more years of experiences with self-supervised learning.
- One or more years of experiences with multimodal embedding.
- One or more years of experiences with deep reinforcement learning.
- Comfortable with both a logic analyzer and a wrench.
- Exceptional ability and track record of developing original and unconventional ideas/theories/models/inventions based on rethinking/reinventing the first principles of single or multiple fields.
- Experience in a regulated, safety critical, or quality managed environment.
- Extensive experience as a contributor to large open-source frameworks.
Desired personal qualities
- First-principles-based thinking
- Extraordinary composure and integrity in face of dire condition
- Ruthless rationality and candor in the pursuit of knowledge
- Profound empathy and charitableness in the matter of people
- Resilience and fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Described by others as the most radical yet humblest researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.