Software Engineer - Messaging UI United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. Twilio's messaging platform enables companies to integrate omni-channel communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and developer friendly SDKs. We are looking for a frontend engineer to join our Messaging team, passionate about implementing modern Web experiences and creating experiences that are used by our customers on a daily basis.
Twilio is looking for a software engineer who lives the Twilio Magic. They have demonstrated product thinking and customer focus, eager to ship slick, modern and powerful UI experiences for our next generation programmable messaging product. They also have:
- Someone who thinks of customers’ perspectives. They plan for how the customers will be impacted by the new features, always working to enable the customers’ success.
- An interest in building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, Prettier, and Webpack
- Strong opinions on what makes a good API, and some experience building them in a language like Node, Python, PHP, or Ruby
- Communicates well over video, on paper, or in code. Can explain technical concepts to product managers, fellow engineers, and support
- Empathy for users and teammates
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar experience
As a frontend engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze strategic markets and provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Improve Twilio’s web experience in both big and small ways: Build new features and improve performance, usability, and accessibility
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead new projects from concept through launch. Collaborate with Product Managers to produce wireframe mock-up’s. Then lead usability workshops to refine workflows, get buy in, and progress to implementation.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Drive high engineering standards on the team through code review, automated testing, and mentoring.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Product roadmaps are a team sport, you will work directly with Product and Engineering Management to define, architect, and build experiences. Engineers own production services end-to-end, so you will be deploying multiple times a week as part of an Agile process.
The services and APIs developed by Messaging teams are envisioned to be used by tens of thousands of customers in production. UI experience you’re going to build will leverage our Messaging product suite and will power a variety of use-cases revolutionizing the way businesses engage with their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $109,824 - $151,008
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $96,096 - $132,132
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2948250