Software Engineer (L3) - Voice Connectivity United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer (L3), Voice Connectivity
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to operate and enhance Twilio’s globally spanning voice connectivity layer connecting to client’s and carrier’s VOIP networks .
In this role, you’ll:
- Live by and champion our cultural values encompassed in what we call The Twilio Magic
- Collaborate routinely with other team members as well as members of the wider organization to define, build, deploy, operate and scale real time voice services.
- Work on a highly distributed complex platform with points of presence globally used by millions of customers across the globe.
- Help, guide, mentor and influence more junior members of the team in their career.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4+ years hands-on experience in cloud application development using Java or similar technologies.
- Extensive experience scaling production backend systems. You can design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load systems.
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, OpenStack or Azure.
- Capable of operating from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills to effectively articulate technical concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related field.
- Networking experience is highly desirable.
This role will be based in our Denver office.
This role will be Remote US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $ 109,824 - $132,132.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3624607