Software Engineer (L3) - Kafka United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio's Data Platform is looking for Software Engineers to join our team. The team runs hundreds of Kafka, Elasticsearch, Kudu and Spark nodes spread across many clusters, environments and regions and is an integral component to many of Twilio’s core products.
We’re looking for engineers to help us scale and provide rock-solid service on our critical data infrastructure, design our customer facing APIs, and shape the ecosystem of how Twilio thinks about data engineering at large.
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- Developing low latency, highly available, globally distributed services platform that is used by over a dozen products with millions of events per minute.
- Development of secure and resilient customer facing APIs
- Leverage open source data technologies such as Elasticsearch, Spark, Kafka and S3
- Own and operate production services in AWS cloud infrastructure using tools like Datadog and Rollbar
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
As a Software Engineer,, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Lead the development of data products, services and tools, in Java, Scala and Python, implement best practices
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment
- WRITE IT DOWN: Break down requirements, estimate tasks to ensure high quality deliverables
- BE AN OWNER: Support development operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call. Teams will be small and empowered so that you can move fast and ship to production multiple times in a 2 week sprint.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with other teams and work cross-functionally for product launches.
Twilio’s Data Platform processes billions of records per day and operates at the petabyte scale. Our engineers deal with a wide variety of data technologies, distributed systems, and design considerations to provide data as a platform to the rest of Twilio Engineering.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$109,824 - $151,008
Rest of Colorado:
$96,096 - $132,132
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2982519