Software Engineer (L2) - Platform Engineering United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer (L2)!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to build the future of our internal developer platform as part of our Platform Engineering team in North America.
Twilio's Platform Engineering team is responsible for building the core compute, communications, and deployment systems used across all engineering teams at Twilio. We build the tools and platforms that allow Twilio Engineering teams to focus on their area of expertise, from the Twilio Console and Edge API down to the Voice, Video, and IoT core. This team builds a lot of tooling and APIs to manage and scale cloud infrastructure
In this role, you’ll:
- Design, implement, test and support tools and APIs at scale.
- Advocate for and implement operational best practices.
- Demonstrate quickness in learning and ability to teach constantly. Take part in sprint, weekly and quarterly planning ceremonies.
- Consistently share your ideas and request feedback. Mentor colleagues to grow professionally.
- Collaborate with and invest in your peers including Product Managers to deliver meaningful products to the customers.
- Be responsible for SLA, oncall, incident resolution, customer feedback and participate in blameless post-mortems to make our products better.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of programming experience in any of Python, Java, Go, Node or Scala
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud provider services.
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code. We use Terraform extensively
- Experience building and supporting mission critical, performant user-facing systems
- Experience designing, implementing, and integrating with REST APIs.
- Experience with AWS IAM and Security Groups
- Experience with AWS multi-account
This role will be based in our San Francisco, USA office or Remote US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3730176