Software Engineer L2- Healthcare United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Software Engineer to join the growing Twilio’s Healthcare vertical team. This role will join a team tasked with enabling Twilio healthcare customers to build world-class patient communication and engagement solutions on Twilio’s platform. This role will be an individual contributor that will design, implement, and support many healthcare solutions collaborating with Healthcare team members and directly with Healthcare customers. The position is a tremendous opportunity to grow both technically as well as professionally.
Twilio is looking for an enthusiastic developer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of delivering highly interaction applications that are usable, performant, and supportable.
- Your have impeccable track record of delivering per schedule with quality
- You are an emerging technical developer with a good understanding of many technologies including programming languages, web-based development, and server technologies
- You are a full stack engineering experience, developing and maintaining intricate web/cloud based applications
- You have HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- You have experience end-to-end testing solutions using test harnesses such as Jest
- You have experience/familiarity developing on cloud platforms such as AWS. Experience with other cloud platforms such as GCP or Azure are also desirable.
- You are an API first developer who understands the power of platforms
- You are passionate about engineering hygiene and operational excellence. You are eager to learn and grow as part of an excellent engineering organization that delivers
As a Solution Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Be a key contributor to the effort in building the first industry-focused R&D team in launching solutions that healthcare customers will love
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Support our customers through your directly work and implementation of user experience and user interactions
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document technology decisions and implementations.
- BE AN OWNER: Lead or assist in all aspects of technology decisions, including strategy, efficiencies, open source offerings, and integration details.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional team with Twilio and encourage collaborative solutions
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with teams across the entire organization to move the needle on healthcare verticalization
Twilio’s Healthcare business is one of the fastest growing industry verticals and has been particularly impactful in Twilio’s response to COVID-19. Twilio’s in a position to transform the way that healthcare businesses communicate and engage with their patients, and we are the team tasked with leading this effort.
The Healthcare team is a distributed team and this position is open to anyone in the US. You’re also welcome to work out of any Twilio office if you would prefer a local setting. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive environment where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to change how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $90,752-$124,784
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $79,408-$109,186
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3342461