Software Engineer - Freehand Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Software Engineer - Freehand to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
You’ll be working on one of InVision’s fastest growing products: Freehand. Freehand is InVision’s collaborative whiteboarding tool that allows teams to collaborate together on wireframes, whiteboard ideas together live, present to stakeholders, and immediately receive feedback — all within the tool we build. We’re a team that moves quickly, rapidly prototypes ideas, and gives a lot of ownership to its engineers. Watch this video to learn more about Freehand and create your own account to try it out: https://www.invisionapp.com/feature/freehand
What you’ll do:
- Write secure, maintainable code that powers the world’s leading product design platform
- Technically mentor other developers on the team and act as a point of contact for cross-team initiatives
- Work on a backend microservice architecture written in Go and Node.js
- Launch and support features that will be used by millions of designers around the globe
- Participate in code reviews and help guide software architecture decisions
- Create system documentation/playbook(s) and serve as a technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design, and code reviews
- Refactor code on an ongoing basis to improve developer efficiency, architecture, and quality
- Work closely with product managers and designers to design and develop the product’s functionality, look, and feel
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of Full stack experience designing and building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end. Strong proficiency in modern backend frameworks
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues; you can debug a web application problem all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases, and asynchronous queues. Logs and core dumps don’t frighten you
- An affinity for creating software that is high quality, extensible, performant, and easy to read
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as creative problems and enjoy them
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level; you have the ability and interest to teach others best practices
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship awesome code
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/2373841