Software Engineer - Flex SDK Remote - Czech Republic
See yourself at Twilio
Join the Flex SDK team as a Software Engineer (Full Stack).
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to bring the programmability of Flex to the next level
Twilio Flex is a programmable cloud contact center platform that enables critical customer communications for businesses such as Lyft, Shopify and many others. Flex SDK is a client side library that provides a higher degree of customisation of the contact centers allowing businesses to leverage the best of the Twilio services while maintaining the uniqueness of their own brand. If you are eager to build great services and learn a lot on the go, come join the Flex SDK team!
In this role you'll:
- Collaborate with the engineering team and architects, design appropriate solutions that satisfy scale, latency and reliability requirements.
- Work with the product stakeholders on defining the functional and non-functional requirements, as well as distilling the requirements and customer use cases into architecture, technical design, and code.
- Own the design and development of new API’s and significant new features end-to-end.
- Ensure great developer experiences for developers worldwide.
- Collaborate with other Flex teams based in Tallinn, Prague and London and other Twilio teams that are globally distributed.
- Collaborate with your team and coach junior members of the team.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of quality by championing testing standard methodologies and engineering efficiency. Adopt engineering best practices to deliver, secure, maintainable and scalable software.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience, building, scaling and maintaining web applications/libraries.
- Proficiency with the Java and/or JS/TS programming languages.
- Hands-on experience writing clean and testable code. Experience with build patterns from architecture to automated build and test pipelines and test-driven development.
- Understanding of microservice and event driven architectures, their benefits and challenges including various broker implementations (preferably Kafka).
- Well versed understanding on using REST APIs.
- Strong communication skills. Desire to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, possibly distributed teams. Ability to work with your team towards common goals.
- Experience building client side SDKs is a plus
- Experience with distributed systems and hands-on with at least a few of the big data technologies such as Spark, Kafka etc.
- Experience with web auth standards and JWT(E)
- Knowledgeable of continuous deployment techniques, client-side bundling with WebPack, and deployment infrastructure (e.g. CDNs, edge functions, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
This role will be based remotely in the Czech Republic.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4304008