Software Engineer, Developer Interfaces (L4) United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a versatile Software Engineer with a product-oriented mentality to join our team! We're seeking someone who is passionate about the possibilities of building the tools that enable developers like you to use Twilio’s services easily. Our main products are the Twilio Helper Libraries which enable developers to easily use Twilio’s APIs to add the power of Twilio’s Communications and Engagement Platform to their applications. We operate in multiple coding languages (Java, Python, Go, C#, PHP, Node.js, Ruby) and our deliverables are Open Source!
- 6+ years experience as a software engineer beyond experience gained while in school
- Expert knowledge of Java, Python, Node.js, or GO, and deep experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience in designing, developing, releasing, and supporting tools delivered to the Open Source community
- A passion for making developers more productive and a keenness to create tools that will do so
- Owned and operated products end-to-end, from requirements gathering and design, to debugging and testing, to release management and usage monitoring
- The ability to communicate well- in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support teams
- Experience providing technical leadership for a team of Software Engineers
- Experience coaching and mentoring less senior engineers
- Empathy for your customers and teammates
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science; Master’s degrees is a plus
As a Software Engineer (L4), you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & WRITE IT DOWN - Work with your team, other engineering teams, and with members of the product organization to distill internal and customer needs into requirements and technical specifications
- DRAW THE OWL - Close the gaps in requirements and build new features with a view beyond just what your team is doing, but keeping in mind the larger goals and projects of the Developer Experience business unit
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES - Architect new systems and tools and leverage APIs with a focus on scalability, testability, and maintainability
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD - Resolve technical issues and blockers for internal and external customers
- NO SHENANIGANS & DON’T SETTLE - Drive high engineering standards on the team through code review, automated testing, and mentoring. We care about what our code looks like, how it performs, and how it enables our customers to succeed, and you should too.
- EMPOWER OTHERS & BE INCLUSIVE - Collaborate, coach, and mentor colleagues on an energetic, growing team
The Twilio Communications and Engagement Platform enables companies to integrate communications services directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs with global reach and on-demand huge scale. As part of the Developer Experience Platform, the tools built by the Developer Interfaces team enable developers to do this easily, quickly, and with confidence. The Developer Interfaces team is responsible for enabling developers to build their applications more easily, be more productive, and quickly bring their ideas from prototype to production to global scale, all on top of Twilio's elastic cloud infrastructure.
This position will be located in our Denver office or remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$132,928 - $182,776
Rest of Colorado:
$116,312 - $159,929
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3300617