Software Engineer - Code Analysis Platform - Remote US - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision made by modern engineering organizations.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is currently seeking ambitious and inquisitive developers to help build our SaaS offering for automated program analysis.
Who We’re Looking For: Applicants should enjoy designing and building systems that can validate product ideas and scale to serve late-stage needs. The ideal candidate likes working in a team and enjoys independent exploration, with good instincts for minimizing technical risk and communicating in a tight-knit highly-coupled development environment.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work on a wide array of tasks and use a variety of technology stacks
- Help research important technology choices
- Implement new features, improve product deployment experience, and help maintain internal DevOps infrastructure
- Creatively contribute ideas to a rapidly developing product.
What Skills You Will Need to Bring
- Can design, implement, and test new features in a multi-language code base of size
- Experience in integrating services using technologies such as REST interfaces, SQL, and message queues
- Ability to use basic developer tooling such as Git, Github, build systems, and shell scripts
- Willing to learn new languages, APIs, frameworks, and software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field of study
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- See why we've won these awards and enjoy a 4.6 Glassdoor rating.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.