Software Engineer - Backend/Python (Americas & European time zones -- 100% Remote)United StatesEngineering United States /
⚠️ Disclaimer: Not actively hiring however we will continue to receive applications for future openings. Thank you!
At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals(faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~45 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We open source – using dozens of open source projects with contributions to many of them, and released some of our own like ciso8601, LimitLion, SocketShark, TaskTiger, and more at https://github.com/closeio
We're looking for an experienced full-time (or part-time) Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Someone who has a solid understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, launch, and scale major systems and user-facing features.
You should have senior level experience (~5 years) building modern back-end systems, with at least 3 years of that experience using Python.
You have hands on production experience woking with MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, or similar data stores. You have significant experience designing, scaling, debugging, and optimizing systems to make them fast and reliable. You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase. You care about the craftsmanship of the code and systems you produce.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You are located in an American or European time zone.
Bonus points if you have...
- Contributed open source code related to our tech stack
- Led small project teams building and launching features
- Built B2B SaaS products
- Experience with sales or sales tools
Come help us with projects like...
- Conceiving, designing, building, and launching new user-facing features
- Improving the performance and scalability of our GraphQL and REST API.
- Improving how we sync millions of sales emails and calendar events each month
- Working with Twilio's API, WebSockets, and WebRTC to improve our calling features
- Building user-facing analytics features that provide actionable insights based on sales activity data
- Improving our Elasticsearch-backed powerful search features
- Improving our internal messaging infrastructure using streaming technologies like Kafka and Redis
- Building new and enhancing existing integrations with other SaaS platforms like Google’s G Suite, Zapier, and Web Conferencing providers
Why work with us?
- Culture video 💚
- Our story and team 🚀
- 100% remote-first company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video) - when travel is appropriate
- 4 x quarterly virtual summits
- 7 weeks PTO (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- $200/month co-working stipend
- Revenue Share (after 1 year)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Paid parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 99% premiums paid for excellent medical and dental coverage, including an HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
We are a small team doing great things - every role is critical to the success of this company. People that are most successful at Close have a resourceful, “doer” approach and mentality. We focus on productivity, impact and quality of work. We’re looking for team members that genuinely understand the nature of being part of a small team that operates in a bootstrapped / start-up-like environment.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Life-work harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 16 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another (however we’re opting for quarterly virtual summits during 2020/2021). We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community. This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 14 babies (and counting!).
Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.