Software Development Engineer in Test - Fully Remote United States, Canada
Company: Fire Engine RED
Fire Engine RED is a fully remote company that offers enrollment solutions and software to admissions offices. We’ve been fully remote since our company was founded in 2001.
We serve more than 300 educational institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
Our 70+ team members are located in 27 states and four (4) countries.
Direct applicants only – no 3rd-party recruiters or staffing firms.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you are a member of the DevOps Infrastructure team and support the development and testing of our CRM product through automation strategies, in a highly collaborative Agile/Scrum environment.
This is a full-time, remote position reporting to the Quality Manager, with a salary range of $95,000 - $115,000.
- Helping build Innovation into an Agile center of excellence
- Designing, implementing, documenting, and maintaining test automation to facilitate software QA efforts
- Writing and maintaining Codeception-based automated tests, currently written in php; however, we would like to move to C# or python
- Ensuring automated tests meet required standards and criteria through peer review
- Reviewing unit and integration tests for code coverage
- Recommending improvements and assisting in changes to best-practice techniques for test-driven development and test automation
- Creating effective multi-layered testing strategies based on functional and technical needs with clear definition of test data and artifacts
- Collaborating cross-functionally on processes, tools, and testing strategies, and to resolve technical and quality issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance or 2+ years as a software developer
- Demonstrated ability to test an enterprise-level, SaaS-based platform
- Experience in developing and executing software test strategies, including continuous integration and test-driven development
- Self-starter with the ability to work remotely in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Great communicator and able to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Codeception, PHP, C#, Selenium Webdriver, Vagrant
- JIRA, Bitbucket (Git), and Bamboo CI
- Sourcetree, SmartGit or other VCS
- SendGrid, Litmus, Mailtrap, Bugsnag, TestLink
- Company-provided equipment
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Basic life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Health savings account company contribution
- 401(k) with annual 3% company contribution
- Unlimited sick and “life happens” days
- Paid vacation (3-5 weeks)
- Paid holidays (10)
- Paid parental leave (8 weeks)
- Paid family leave (4 weeks)
- Wellness program
- Workplace Giving Program with dollar-for-dollar match