Software Architect - Twilio Engage United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Segment Core Senior Principal / Architect.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to lead architecture for the Segment Core group inside Twilio.
This role will guide building of key systems and products as part of the Twilio/Segment product portfolio, including stream data processing, storage and other mission-critical systems. This role will also provide oversight to engineering efforts for all engineering teams that are part of the Segment Core group.
In this role, you’ll:
- Design and review core system designs making up the Segment Connections product
- Partner with other engineering leads across Twilio to build world-class products
- Ensure world-class reliability, security and cost-efficiency for all the products we build
- Mentor other engineers on the team throughout their journey
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Have a track record of designing and building large-scale, cloud-based, highly available software platforms.
- Domain expertise in Cloud Platform Infrastructure (compute, service mesh, security and identity),
- A thought leader in the cloud architecture space with a demonstrated bias for action
- Have the ability to balance long-term objectives with urgent short-term needs
- Have demonstrated the ability to design complex systems in an iterative and evolutionary manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Are passionate about enabling other developers through your leadership and driving teams to efficient decisions
- Can successfully lead teams through very challenging engineering problems.
This position is a remote role but is not eligible to be hired in the San Francisco Bay Area
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $213,120 - $266,400.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4218512