Social Media Marketing Manager United States
Since 2008, GitHub has brought developers together to collaborate, share ideas, and solve problems. To date, over 27 million developers and thousands of businesses use GitHub every day to build and share their projects with people all around the world. Connecting with our passionate, powerful, and forward-thinking community is what continues to drive us every day.
We’re looking for a experienced social media marketing manager to join the team to help strengthen these connections—bringing people together across our social channels and further reinforcing GitHub and the community. This person thinks of social media as more than a channel to simply share a message—they see it as an important way to make connections. As a steward of our brand and voice, this role requires a deep understanding of the social landscape as well as the developer community.
This role will be responsible for driving the social strategy across GitHub, managing our main company channels, actively engaging with the community, working cross-functionally to provide strategic planning for campaigns and launches, and managing all reporting. The role is a part of brand marketing but will rely on close collaboration across the company. Some teams this person will work with include: product marketing, field marketing, communications/PR, developer marketing, digital, content, and creative. This role can be based anywhere in the US.
- Develop strategies and programs that bring together the GitHub brand and our community around a shared conversation
- Successfully and consistently capture the GitHub brand voice across all channels
- Build on and optimize the company social media strategy
- Create and manage workflow and processes to better align and scale corporate accounts
- Provide strategic social input and support on campaign launches, go-to-market plans, corporate announcements, and thought leadership
- Drive day-to-day community management across the main GitHub Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram channels
- Be an advocate for our developer community—evangelise, support, and celebrate their work and always approach projects considering what they care about, what they’re needs are, and what excites them
- Develop and lead social media marketing campaigns to help grow and strengthen our communities of followers
- Regularly track, monitor, and optimize performance of campaigns and accounts
- 5-7 years experience directly managing social media accounts and building a social presence for a brand
- Proven track record of driving social strategies and programs that create impact on key business goals
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Direct experience working with and marketing to developers (or is one themself)
- Must be comfortable contributing strategically as well as managing day-to-day tactical execution
- Ability to collaborate with wide audiences at all levels and work effectively across functions and geographies (we are a global and remote-friendly company)
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of empathy
- Strong communication skills
- Strong copywriting (for social and/or short form content) experience
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 24 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 67 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1205532