Social Media Manager United States, Europe
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans over 100 countries.
As a global community that can tell compelling stories for days (maybe weeks), our team pairs with customers to map their user journey with Elastic and help showcase their experiences, triumphs, and lessons learned. Our team helps connect the dots — from our user’s first time downloading Elastic products to deploying their use cases into production.
Here’s a bit about our team to share a sense of who you’ll be working with ...
These are some of the things that make us tick:
Color Outside the Lines
Throwing creative mud at the wall can help drive interesting, unusual ways to connect with our community.
Tell Authentic Stories
We strive to understand the mindset of customers, community members, and colleagues.
The team collaborates on everything from campaigns and conference swag to blogs and social posts — all ideas are welcome.
If that’s not enough check out Our Source Code. It’s the stuff that makes Elastic, Elastic.
And now for the reason you’re here ... drumroll!
Elastic’s Social Media Manager
Every business is now a digital business. Elastic’s Social Media Manager needs to understand how to navigate the digital world.
You will develop, manage and implement the company’s social media strategy, helping to build the business through the social channels that our customers, users, employees and partners visit. You will administer the company’s social media marketing plan, which includes but is not limited to:
- Planning and goal setting
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management
- Identifying target customers and possible sales leads
- Identifying goals and KPIs
- Content strategy, content calendar
- Promotion strategy
- Engagement strategy
- Measuring and analyzing ROI
You are a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with Elastic’s online community of customers, prospects, media, analysts, partners and employees. Your passion is palpable as you engage with the Elastic ecosystem on a daily basis.
An essential component of your success is communicating the Elastic brand in a positive, unique and authentic way.
You are instrumental in managing the company’s brand. The first thing most potential buyers do is check out a company’s web presence, which includes their social media properties. Sharing relevant/relatable content is key.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Own day-to-day management of all social media platforms, including planning, scheduling, posting, and analyzing all social content across the platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
- Creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
- Be responsible for proactive media, blogger and influencer outreach to drive brand awareness, amplify exposure for Elastic’s culture, new product launches as well as thought leadership profile opportunities.
- Development of Social Media Guidelines.
- Work closely with the DemandGen team to promote content through social advertising, monitoring monthly budgeting against ROI.
- Build and oversee the content calendar to determine appropriate timeline for posting, engaging and optimizing content specific to each platform.
- Act as community manager across all platforms, promoting positive brand conversations and engagement and addressing complaints per company protocol.
- Continually evolve social media strategy to align with broader integrated marketing campaigns and goals.
- Deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly analytical reports to wider marketing team.
- Collaborate with content producers to develop and deliver digital content.
- Help develop social media campaigns for new product launches and other marketing initiatives.
- Develop deep understanding and ownership of brand voice and knowledge.
- Moderate the collection, curation and integration of user-generated content on social media and the website.
What You Will Bring:
- Someone with their ‘finger on the pulse’ of social trends, new platform features and best practices.
- Prior, demonstrable experience in a social media management role.
- Some communications experience - PR, product marketing, community relations experience
- Five-seven years in digital marketing, social media, public relations
- Knowledge of the Search and data management space.
- Knowledge of the Elastic Stack.
- Somewhat technical.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary.
- Stock options.
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads).
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off.
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1296730