Snapcraft Software Engineer EMEA, Americas
Canonical’s Snapcraft (https://snapcraft.io) makes it possible to deliver app updates to all of Linux automatically, eliminating the long tail of supported releases and complex install instructions.
With thousands of applications on the platform from over a thousand developers, including well-recognised names like Spotify, Slack, and Microsoft, the Snapcraft team’s mission is to uphold a high bar of quality as well as predictable, intuitive behaviour.
We are looking for a senior software engineer with background in developer tools to join our globally-distributed, home-based team.
This job involves international travel several times a year, usually for one week at a time.
- Our core mission is to make developers’ lives easier. You will have a keen sense of how Snapcraft can further reduce friction.
- Snapcraft should be a joy to use. You have an eye for good user experience. You enjoy guiding the user through a journey or getting them back on rails with tasteful instruction.
- Building snaps should feel familiar, building on the tools developers already know. You’ll be conversant in many languages, frameworks, integrations, and CI systems. You’ll teach these to produce snaps.
- We’re a data-driven team. You’ll apply test-driven development, Sentry, and analytics to focus and refine your efforts.
Required skills and experience
- Expertise in Python or similar
- Command line developer-oriented product experience
- Experience with language packaging systems, such as PIP and NPM
- Experience integrating with commercial CI systems, such as Travis and Circle CI
- Experience working with containers, such as Docker and LXD
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working with production deployments
- Excellent communications skills in the English language, both verbal and written, especially in online environments such as Slack and Google Hangouts
- Collaborate proactively within a distributed team
- Demonstrable public speaking skills
Desirable skills and experience
- Portfolio of regular Open Source contributions and other public demonstrations of leadership
- Experience working on a distributed team
Region: EMEA or Americas
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/canonical/jobs/1067097