Site Reliability Engineer Worldwide
Company: Giant Swarm
You understand how systems work and tweak their behavior to your needs?
- You will design, build, and maintain our core infrastructure
- You will be responsible for our monitoring, logging, alerting
- You will automate all the things
Skills & Requirements
- You have a wide experience in Networking, Security, Linux (Kernel, Namesspaces, cgroups)
- You must have knowledge in docker, kubernetes and CoreOS
- You know the good and bad parts of Chef, Puppet, Ansilble or Saltstack
- You like reverse and performance engineering
- You automate all the things by writing code. Using bash scripts for it make you sad :)
- You have coding skills. Go is our current favorite
- Bonus point: You had a look into projects like Project Calico, Prometheus, Ceph, GlusterFS
- Bonus Point 2: You have practical experience with IPMI and Arista (or Cisco) switches
- We (and our customers) are currently mostly distributed around Europe (around UTC), thus, your main timezone should be somewhere between -2UTC to +2UTC to ensure better communication.
We can give you a glimpse on how working with us will be like:
Creative work needs freedom and openness. We encourage you to do your work wherever and whenever you want. We expect passion and encourage sustainability. If you need rest, take it. We don't count holidays - we count outcome.
Currently we are 15 people living and working in France, Spain, The Netherlands, The US and Germany. Our ambitious goals are only achievable as a team. Everybody’s input is highly welcome and appreciated. Although sometimes rules and processes are necessary, we try to keep them as lean as possible. Always question the status quo and find new ways of collaboration and team work.
Learning is mandatory and fun at the same time. If you realize you want to expand your knowledge in a specific area, we support you with conferences, books etc.
We offer fair (transparent and open) salaries with benefits like choosing your own laptop, jobticket, coffee flat, mate etc.. And you will participate in our stock options program. Currently our team members have more children than we are employees. So family friendliness is a must.
We are not hiring job descriptions. We hire humans. :)
We welcome applications from everybody, regardless ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
Interested? Questions? Coffee? Contact Anna or apply directly via the link.