Site Reliability Engineer Remote US, Remote Canada
A lot of companies say they are “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Mozilla’s SRE Team is looking for a SRE to help us build and maintain infrastructure that supports Firefox’s many features, Mozilla’s web properties and upcoming products. You will combine skills from DevOps/SRE, systems administration, and software development to influence product architecture and evolution by crafting reliable cloud-based infrastructure for internal and external services.
As an SRE you will work closely with Mozilla’s engineering and product teams and participate in significant engineering projects across the company. You will collaborate with passionate engineers across different levels of experience and backgrounds. A lot of your work will involve improving existing systems, building new infrastructure, evaluating tools and eliminating toil.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Write and ship code in Python
- Manage infrastructure in AWS and GCP using Terraform and Helm
- Diagnose and debug production incidents and then improve systems to prevent the problem from recurring
- Work with other SREs and software development teams to deliver products with an eye on high quality and timely delivery
- Demonstrate accountability in the delivery of work
- Spot and raise potential issues to the team
Your Professional Profile:
- 2 years of experience related to either backend software development or cloud operations
- Experience using Terraform, Amazon Cloudformation, Azure Resource Manager, or Google Cloud Deployment Manager
- Involvement in running services in the cloud
- Ability to write automation scripts
- Strong communication skills
- Curiosity and interest in learning new things
We are excited to see any additional experience with:
- Building CI/CD orchestration
- Database administration
- Kubernetes administration
- Web application design and development
- Open source software involvement
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Python, Go, Node.js or Rust.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/3069852