Services Support Agent Worldwide
This position is remote based, however at this time we are hoping to hire in the EMEA/ APAC timezone.
At GitLab on the Support Team we focus on three offerings:
- GitLab EE - On premise Enterprise Edition
- GitHost - Our own Hosted GitLab platform as a service
- Gitlab.com - The world’s largest GitLab instance and our SaaS offering.
This is where you come in. We’re building a Services Support team and we want you to focus on making the GitLab.com & GitHost support experience the best it can be. Have ideas about process? Great! Comfortable writing user and internal documentation? Even better! Want to get your ideas into actionable code? Our Product team works with support feedback every day to improve our products so your voice will be heard loud and clear.
The ideal candidate is someone who wants to be on the support side and who wants to learn more about how modern services can be supported via action. We have a “green field” in the sense that we need to identify the right process for these services. If that excites you please reach out! On the other hand, If you know what “ps aux | grep gitlab” means, you’ll probably be a better fit for our Support Engineer role. We are also hiring there too!
We are looking for skilled people around the world. If you would love to work remotely and help GitLab grow, this is the right spot for you.
- Engage with our GitLab.com customers — anything from a small advertising firm or a university, to Fortune 100 clients
- Triage customer issues on the support issue tracker and via Zendesk.
- Submit and comment on bug reports and feature requests based on customer interactions
- Create and update documentation based on customer interactions
- Engage with the development team to escalate bugs, solve problems, or obtain missing information
- Ensure the knowledge we gain from running GitLab.com is shared with customers and users
- Take ownership and work to manage the entire issue lifecycle, from customer, to development team, to resolution
- Maintain good ticket performance and satisfaction
- Meet or exceed SLA times consistently
- Affinity for (and experience with) providing customer support
- Ideally 1+ year experience with supporting MVC / SaaS applications
- Understand the basics of Git terminology
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check
- Qualified applicants receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30min screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a behavioral interview with our Services Support Manager
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with our Director of Support
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with VP of Engineering
- Finally, candidates may be invited to schedule a final interview with our CEO
- Please view the compensation range for this role at the bottom of the position description.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!