Senior/Lead Software Engineer, Craft Sync & Prototyping Worldwide
InVision is the Digital Product Design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
Today, more than 3.5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. InVision is a fully distributed company with employees in 25 countries around the world. You can learn more at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Are you ready to do your best engineering work? Do you like to understand how your work directly impacts the people using your products and iterate quickly to improve the product? Join us! You'll bring your love of building things for people and we'll provide the team, tools, context and goals.
About the Team…
The Craft team is responsible for providing a great end-to-end customer experience for designers to iterate and share their prototypes directly from their desktop to InVision. We engage with designers to connect them to the InVision tools they need in order to share, iterate, and bring their ideas to life. Together, we build tools that are a critical part of the InVision design operating system.
What you’ll do…
- Every day offers a variety of work, an opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge within and outside of the InVision organization.
- You'll be part of a small team operating as a mini-startup where we work together to design, implement, and integrate unit-tested software features every day into our macOS application and plugins.
- You’ll align with Product Managers and Designers to design and develop the product’s functionality and implement delightful front-end user experiences.
- You’ll implement client and server-side logic, unit, integration, and functional tests, and take pride and ownership over your deployed applications and services.
- You’ll build small, robust backend API services in Go and Node.js that scale, perform under load, and reliably deliver large sets of data.
- You know that communication is the key to success; you share with your peers, communicate your intentions and deliver on your commitments.
- You like to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them.
- You have experience with Swift and Cocoa technologies and can provide thoughtful, respectful code reviews to your peers.
- You can demonstrate understanding of macOS UI/UX principles.
- You possess a strong understanding of microservice architectures and have created networked apps that communicate with remote web services.
- You have proficiency in Node.js, Go, or both; or professional experience in one of the following back end languages: Java, Ruby, Python.
- You are motivated to understand the business and your impact on our customers.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have team members throughout 40+ states including New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. The benefits we offer in the United States include competitive health plans and a 401k plan.
Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. Please ask our recruiting team about the benefits and perks package available in your country.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1226747