Senior Web UX Designer United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a highly motivated Senior Web UX Designer to join our Marketing & Brand Web Design Team. As a Senior Web UX Designer, you will lead the UX process and integration of UX standard methodologies as our de facto UX Evangelist contributing to the Web Experience on Twilio.com and other public-facing websites. This role requires a high level of collaboration with the web team, peer designers, marketing teams, and subject-matter professionals across the business to deliver highly engaging responsive Web Experiences.
If you are ready to join a rapidly growing team in a highly impactful role, we’d love to meet you!
Twilio is looking for a Web Designer who has a demonstrated track record of handling, producing, and optimizing web design efforts with a roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic and a real passion for all aspects of UX design for Web. You should also have:
- Current online Portfolio - which highlights a shown grasp of UX principles for public-facing websites.
- 6+ years of professional experience in a start-up environment, in-house at a larger professional organization, or with an interactive agency.
- You enjoy cross-functional collaboration and are comfortable working in a fast-paced company with the ability to manage different projects while keeping your cool.
- Ability to understand high-level systemic project requirements and apply web, UI, UX, design, and brand expertise to achieve strategic goals.
- Deep knowledge of UX methodologies and modern web design.
- Shown experience spearheading web projects which have a significant impact on marketing efforts.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Figma (or similar UI design software) required.
- BA or MA in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Information Design, Digital Media Design or other Visual Design fields.
- BE AN OWNER: Lead, initiate and integrate UX methodologies - applying user research, web analytics, and web standards.
- BE BOLD: Partner closely with peer UI and UX designers to help bring the Twilio online web presence to the next level.
- DRAW THE OWL: Produce wireframes, lo-fidelity prototypes, and UX documentation.
- DON'T SETTLE: Lead information architecture efforts, user journey development, and related site maps for a range of web marketing projects.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Initiate and lead Design Workshops with design team members and partners.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Lead efforts with peers to refine the user experience while working closely with marketers, product managers, and web engineers for delivery.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Lead content strategy efforts in partnership with campaign marketers, copywriters, and associated business partners.
The Twilio Brand Web Design Team is building the next evolution of Twilio.com and related public facing web properties. The intention is to build a world-class user experience with forward thinking interactions to bring the Twilio Brand to life online.
You’re joining an interdisciplinary team of designers that are collectively working with engineers, product managers and marketers to build a high-caliber digital experience for our users.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This role is based out of the San Francisco office or other US location. We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$99,840 - $124,800
Rest of Colorado:
$87,360 - $109,200
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3203064