Senior Web Standards Engineer Remote US, Remote Canada, Remote UK, Remote Germany, Remote France
We are looking for an experienced engineer who understands how the web works and is motivated by its possibilities. We are looking for someone with considerable engineering experience in the web development, web standards, and web browser ecosystems to help define and influence these technologies.
As a web standards leader, you will:
- Maintain a deep understanding of web development communities and act as their internal representative to facilitate web platform advances.
- Follow and potentially participate in the organizations that standardize the open web (W3C, WHATWG, TC39, IETF).
- Provide input to the Gecko platform strategy and roadmap for Firefox’s core web technologies, identifying and prioritizing critical capabilities.
- Track browser industry trends and the competitive landscape.
- Team with engineering, product, and UX to bring improvements to the web platform and to Gecko.
- Experience mentoring others as a technical team lead.
- Creative problem-solver and proficient debugger.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- A track record of effecting positive change in a large, existing codebase.
- Ability to do system and architectural design and review
- Solid technical understanding of how web browsers work
- Bonus points if you have experience as a web browser engineer or web developer
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/4264840