Senior Web Developer Remote (US, UK or Canada) /
Over 90,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
As a Senior Developer, you’ll work with designers, backend developers, and fellow frontend developers to build fluid, accessible, and responsive interfaces that customers love.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada, the United States or the United Kingdom.
What we're looking for:
- Experience working in a UX focused environment and a passion for crafting experiences that customers love.
- The ability to participate in the complete lifecycle of a feature, including contributing to planning, development work, and responding to customer feedback.
- Someone with a great understanding of developing for the web. Naturally, we expect semantic HTML markup, well-written CSS, and an eye for accessibility.
- A background building large-scale web applications and proficiency in React, TypeScript, and other modern web technologies.
- Experience designing and maintaining APIs that scale.
- Ability to offer feedback to other developers on the team and experience in reviewing and improving code.
- Self-starting and self-driven: You should be comfortable starting your own projects, maintaining them, and doing it all autonomously. You maintain a high level of ownership, attention to detail, and have a knack for organizing processes.
What you can expect:
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses and get to know the team you’ll be working with.
- Become familiar with the existing architecture, its major functions and limitations, and high-level goals and design.
- Develop an understanding of the build process and how to work in our codebase: React, TypeScript, Sass, Storybook, writing unit tests, etc.
- Carry tasks from existing issues all the way into production.
- Begin filing new issues based on observed bugs or opportunities for improvement.
- Take on larger issues: These will likely be issues where the effort is higher but the solution has already been laid out.
- Begin reviewing others’ Merge Requests. Part of this will happen naturally by pairing with other members of the team before code gets to an MR.
- Take the lead on a large dev cycle task. You will be responsible for determining the direction of the task and ensuring that the expected timeline is either met or adjusted as you learn more about its complexity.
- Advocate for improvements to product UX and overall quality.
- Provide mentorship for junior and intermediate developers on the team.
- Identify areas where we can improve not just our code but our development process and/or tools.
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
- Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
- Employee Stock Options Program
- Flexible vacation and time off including additional personal and sick days
- Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
- Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.