Senior UX Researcher, Processing and Controls United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior UX Researcher, Processing and Controls
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to generate insights to fuel the crux of Segment’s user experience: our core Processing and Controls product pillar.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will work collaboratively with cross-functional team members across design, product, marketing, and engineering to scope and execute strategic research initiatives. Your insights will influence product roadmap and help bring the customer to the center of key decision-making. You will also work to help build research capabilities via coaching and training, up-leveling customer-obsession muscles across the organization.
In this role, you’ll:
- Deeply understand our customers by conducting research to identify foundational insights about our key customer segments and create customer profiles or personas. Drive usability audits and analyze customer behaviors to identify gaps and opportunity areas in key product experiences.
- Discover strategic opportunities by identifying unsolved pain-points in current user workflows and help design better solutions. Explore uncharted opportunity areas and brainstorm features to solve unmet needs.
- Iterate and refine product market fit by partnering with designs for rapid prototyping or concept testing to learn quickly from customers. You will then test content with customers to refine messaging and value propositions.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years experience in user research or design strategy for a software product
- Deep understanding of different research methods across qual and quant (including ethnographic interviews, user observation, surveys, in-product experimentation, diary studies, concept testing, rapid prototyping, etc.)
- Experience designing, planning, and scoping research projects; roadmapping and prioritizing research; executing studies from start to finish; analyzing and synthesizing findings; generating insights; and sharing findings, insights, and recommendations with stakeholders
- Experience working closely with product teams to uncover insights and vision, often via workshop facilitation
- A portfolio or case studies that demonstrates insightful output and business impact
- Strong storytelling and influence skills
- Experience working in B2B SaaS or with Enterprise customers
- Experience researching technical use cases
- Experience designing and researching for developers
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Approximately 1% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $109,280 - $136,600 .
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4493406