Senior UX Designer, Jetpack Worldwide
Senior UX Designer, Jetpack
We’re looking for an experienced Senior UX Designer to join the Jetpack design team as part of our growing design org. You’ll collaborate with engineers and designers in our fully remote company to help our customers be more successful online and help make the web a better place.
Jetpack is a unified service that provides design, marketing, and security all in one WordPress plugin. It enhances any WordPress site with features provided by Automattic’s cloud infrastructure. Jetpack provides powerful features for free, and improves them further with paid plans for professionals and businesses.
What you’ll be doing:
Objective #1: Help define the product strategy and end-to-end user experience for Jetpack.
- Research: Coordinate and conduct research activities (e.g. user interviews, usability testing, data analysis, etc) for the Jetpack product. Partner with researchers, other designers, engineering, marketing, and business partners to define and frame user problems and needs based on this research.
- Plan: Use research results, business strategy, and technical inputs to contribute to defining the product roadmap in a way that is incremental and impactful.
- Design: Work closely with developers to understand and simplify the technical aspects of Jetpack’s infrastructure into consumer-friendly, easy-to-use flows and designs.
- Validate: Communicate the value of your work using qualitative and quantitative data, and facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Facilitate: Plan and facilitate workshops and collaborative sessions with multi-disciplinary teams, both in person and remotely.
- Communicate: Align teams, spread ideas, and gather feedback efficiently and clearly, adapting the communication style and format to the specifics of the work and audience.
Objective #2: Contribute to the design practices and community at Automattic.
- Train & Mentor: Empower everyone at Automattic to improve their knowledge and skills by contributing to internal training, learn-ups, and other resources.
- Evolve Our Design Process: Help improve our design system and process by actively connecting with other designers across the company.
- Include Everyone: Help non-designers to understand and apply concepts easily by contributing to onboarding and communication practices.
Have you done this before?
Do you have extensive experience turning research insights into product strategy and end-to-end experiences at scale?
If you’d like this to be your next challenge, send us your resume, a portfolio (if you have one), and answers to the following:
- Tell us why you’d be a good fit for the role.
- What is the UX design or product strategy accomplishment that you are most proud of?
- Tell us about a time where research you were involved in influenced the business or roadmap strategy. How did you make it happen?
We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
All Jobs Require
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.