Senior User Experience Researcher (Contract) Remote US
Senior User Experience Researcher (Contract Position)
Location: Remote in the US
Duration: 6 months
At Mozilla, we are committed to meticulous, impactful user research. As a global, mission-based organization, we are engaged in promoting the promise of a free and open Internet with users' needs at its core. The user research team's role is to uncover these needs and translate them into research findings for the product and design teams.
We are currently seeking a user research contractor who can engage with people to understand their experiences, context, motivations, and behaviors to join the team.
As a user research contractor, you will work directly with other UX researchers, product managers, designers, and engineers, you will understand needs and prioritize research projects. You will be leading and conducting these research projects based on quickly developed, clear, and detailed research proposals and plans that outline study goals, project scope, target participants, and appropriate evaluative and generative research methods. After fielding research, you will coordinate and effectively analyze research insights employing primarily qualitative research methods. The ultimate goal is to present your findings to cross-disciplinary teams and external audiences in a clear, concise, and compelling way.
In this role, you are also responsible for:
- Facilitating a user-centered design and product development process that advocates for users’ needs and perspectives;
- Developing research materials such as interview protocols, usability test scripts, surveys, and diary studies;
- Understanding and incorporating sophisticated and nuanced technical and business requirements into research;
- Working with participant recruitment vendors to develop screeners and leading user research sessions;
- Moderating research sessions and conducting in-context fieldwork.
- Collaborating with User Research colleagues on team projects and mentorship opportunities.
We are seeking a team member who:
- Has at least 3 - 5 years of full-time UX research work experience in industry (i.e., outside academia and internships);
- Has experience with a diverse set of qualitative methodologies including usability testing, cognitive walk-throughs, 1:1 user interviews, remote testing, and surveys;
- Deeply understands the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
As a successful user researcher, you are able to:
- Connect insights drawn from research studies to design, technical requirements, and product strategy;
- Clearly communicate research process, rationale, and findings;
- Work flexibly and efficiently; you exercise a balance between inspiration, bias, and rigorous research in order to move quickly from planning to completing a project;
- Work closely and in partnership with functional teams to advocate for users;
- Promote the value of research and positively impact decision-making.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/2199990