Senior Technical Support Engineer Anywhere in US /
Articulate is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our amazing team.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will function as the Support Team's escalation point for our most challenging incidents, accepting escalated support cases from all customer-facing teams, thereby freeing them to focus on their primary tasks. You will rely on your experience and knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve our most complex technical support issues.
Your goal will be to resolve all incidents without allowing further escalation, but if necessary, you may collaborate with other Articulate teams for further action. You will communicate the solution in clear, documented terms back to the original contact, communicating directly with customers in most cases. You will alert management to outages, priority incidents, recurring problems, and patterns. A wide degree of creativity and autonomy is required.
What you'll do:
- Accept, balance, and resolve a moderate volume of escalated support incidents, thereby freeing our Technical Support Engineers to focus on first- and second-level incidents.
- Demonstrate extreme flexibility by working outside of set hours to accommodate the needs of customers globally.
- Accept, schedule, and resolve web conferences with customers.
- Provide leadership to other team members, demonstrating patience and understanding through mentoring, coaching, orientation, training, and information dissemination to the Support Team.
- Be proactive and deadline-driven in your approach to work.
- Use excellent time management and organization skills, initiating and completing multiple simultaneous special projects according to schedule.
- Confirm the validity of all software defects before involving other Articulate teams.
- Provide sufficient data for further troubleshooting, and collaborate with Engineering staff to recreate problems in a test environment.
- Meet with the Engineering Team for periodic review of product architecture changes.
- Participate in product testing when asked, and provide input to the Engineering Team, acting as a customer advocate for product improvement.
- Develop documented solutions, detailed client instructions, and other documentation as needed to assist customers with specific incidents. Contribute toward the Articulate knowledge base.
- Use our CRM system, Salesforce, to record, track, and close incidents via our electronic incident management system.
- Function as backup support for other members of the Support Team.
What you should have:
- You have 5 years of experience in technical support or a combined 5 years of support with IT and/or software development roles.
- You are a digital native; you innately possess a deep and broad knowledge of all things technical, including but not limited to:
- Extensive experience with Windows, Office and a wide variety of Windows applications, including experience troubleshooting installation problems and examining Windows Event Logs.; Mac/Parallels experience is a plus; experience with iOS and Android devices.
- Web Technologies, including all major browsers, email delivery, accessibility tools, and challenges such as low bandwidth, proxy servers, content filters, and firewalls.
- No fear of logs—you can jump in and attempt to decipher any log file from any application, for example within Windows Event Logs, Installer Logs, LMS Debug Logs, Tin Can API Communication logs, Fiddler logs, and DxDiag logs.
- Basic understanding of corporate networks and security protocols.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS.
- You are able to handle stressful situations while maintaining a friendly and professional attitude.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills; able to convey complex concepts concisely and clearly to customers with professionalism, empathy, and excellent grammar and spelling.
- You are positive, empathetic, driven, collaborative, flexible, patient, and confident.
- You are passionate about solving the toughest of problems.
You are the ideal candidate if:
- Experience with Articulate tools and applications.
- Experience with remote troubleshooting applications including Windows Remote Desktop, GoToAssist, or join.me.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Slack, Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting, or Microsoft Teams.
- Basic understanding of the AICC, SCORM, and Tin Can API specifications and experience with Learning Management Systems is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting web communication problems using Fiddler, HttpWatch, or Browser Developer Tools.
- Multimedia creation, including editing of Audio, Video, and Images
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 111,965+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 100 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 1,035,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.