Senior Systems Engineer Worldwide
- Solve the difficult systems problems on client servers.
- Work with Team Leads and the Director of Systems Engineering to make hosting recommendations to clients and architect custom cloud solutions.
- Provide expertise on all parts of Linux systems (beyond the PHP code).
- Continually improve the security and reliability of client sites with the latest tactics, tools, and policies developed at 10up.
- Take ownership of our clients' servers; it is the Systems Engineer’s responsibility to keep everything running smoothly, including patches, upgrades, and capacity planning.
- Provide support across 10up to help engineers solve problems.
- Help shape policy and systems strategy at 10up.
- Experience managing the day-to-day technical needs of a webserver, including scaling, security, and performance.
- Comfort with Linux shell scripting and command line experience.
- Experience in platform monitoring.
- Familiarity with the leading cloud technologies and best practices.
- Understanding of IP protocols, port interface configurations, and general network knowledge.
- Expertise in Linux, NGINX, Apache, and MySQL configuration and troubleshooting.
- Availability to handle emergencies and support team members in troubleshooting without impacting their ability to deliver on-time for client projects.
Nice to have
- Some PHP and WordPress experience preferred.
- Customer/client support experience.
- Hands-on time with Docker or container orchestration.
- Fluency with configuration management and orchestration systems such as Ansible, Puppet, and Chef.
- Strong ability to learn and apply new/emerging technologies.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly with internal teams and customers.
- Being a team player willing to go above and beyond to help others.
- Ability to react quickly and adapt to changes in priorities, circumstances, and direction.
- Remote working experience appreciated.
Vacancy page : https://10up.com/careers/senior-systems-engineer/