Senior Systems and Solution Architect Remote - US / Canada
Location: Remote (US)
GitHub is looking for a full-time Sr. Systems and Solution Architect (People Systems) to join our Business Systems team. This role will help administer, scale, and expand our People Systems and technology stack.
GitHub is the gateway for software development. Our impact and customers are global, and so is our vision. We're looking for someone who will materially advance our business and culture.
The Business Systems function is the technology group within Information Technology (IT) that makes Human Resources matters easy and intuitive for Hubbers. Our team optimizes global people processes, from problem definition to execution. We partner with teams across the organization bringing innovation and technology to the way we attract, retain and grow Hubbers worldwide. We focus on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Hubbers, and work in GitHub’s fast-paced environment to deliver numerous global operational services and programs that enable GitHub to manage their Workforce. Regardless of location or level of experience, members of the Business Systems team have the opportunity to create, develop and implement critical operations and programs that impact our global workforce.
We expect our platform to be fast and the same is true for our internal tools. Our team is made up of a diverse group who envision better processes, build them, reliably operate them, and then continually improve upon them. As a Solution Architect on the team, you think holistically about technology, the tools themselves, and the systems and processes that support them. Your projects use technology to streamline and drive processes that are essential to keeping our organization humming along. You have a bias for action and impeccable execution. You're a problem solver with drive and creativity who is constantly seeking to make our processes and systems better, faster, and more efficient.
Your role will be to help architect, implement, and optimize our People Systems, and assist with business process designs, change management, training, and compliance. This will entail establishing a deep understanding of our current software, integrations, user experience and utilization so that you can advise key stakeholders and program owners on recommended optimization opportunities. We are ever-evolving and improving so you will be on the lookout for ways to enhance our internal processes and architecture to ensure it aligns with our business goals and end user requirements.
You'll partner with other awesome teams here at GitHub, such as People Operations, Learning and Development, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, and Engineering to transform company-wide challenges into systems-driven solutions. You’ll partner with the business to understand, represent and lead the “voice of the customer” in identifying and prioritizing functionality enhancements, including international users.
Collectively, we're a resourceful bunch that enjoys mastering new and sometimes difficult subject matters, striving for efficient and effective processes, and working collaboratively to improve our systems.
Our primary customers are our internal business partners. We like to make sure they are set up to be successful by assisting in general change management during the introduction of process or system changes. Training and documentation is key, and you can expect to be educating Hubbers both one on one and in groups on how to use our people systems. You should be equally comfortable configuring and with providing excellent customer service.
This position is a remote position and reports to the Director of People Systems.
- Partner with stakeholders to design and develop a roadmap for the evolution of our People Systems platform strategy
- Lead and or participate in definition, design of the current system solution and exploration of alternatives
- Support, enable and optimize our current service delivery pipeline through appropriate design guidelines and investment advocacy
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to discover, develop, analyze, and implement optimization opportunities
- Document end-to-end business processes / system architecture, maintain best practices, procedures, and controls
- Build cross-functional partnerships in order to translate business requirements into systems-driven solutions
- Support continuous improvement and optimization of existing systems and programs
- Maintain professional knowledge and skills relating to security, compliance, technology, and best practices and make recommendations for process or service improvements
- 6+ years of experience in data architecture and systems analytics space
- 6+ years of experience in developing end-to-end data solution architecture for various data/system structures. ie. data warehouses, Operational data stores, Data Lakes etc.
- Experience gathering and documenting business systems requirements for HR
- Experience with business process analysis and business process improvement
- Experience with documenting workflows and architecture via process maps, workflows, DFDs, swimlanes
- Ability to work in a dynamic, ever-changing environment with some ambiguity
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer focus and change management skills and ability to find the best solution, taking into account conflicting priorities and needs
- Experience implementing, configuring, or consulting on an enterprise Saas HCM System such as Workday
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience working with and configuring various business systems (Workday, Greenhouse, SAP, Reflektive, etc.)
- Experience with supporting global initiatives and/or programs such at Workforce Planning, Rewards and Recognition, Open
- Enrollment, Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition or Operations.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3113090