Senior Support Engineer - 100% REMOTE Western - US - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
This role is 100% remote. You must be located in the Western United States or Canada.
Sonatype is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to join our technical support team as a Senior Support Engineer. In this role you will provide advanced product support to customers dealing with complex issues surrounding the use of Sonatype products and solutions. A deep desire to provide excellent customer service coupled with a strong (and broad) technical background will be imperative to succeed at this position.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Triage, root cause analysis, debugging, and troubleshooting of Sonatype products and solutions
- Java thread and heap dump analysis
- Coordinate with Customer Success teams on non technical support issues and/or accounts in distress
- Escalate and track defects to product engineering Interface with engineering to develop and test solutions, incorporate field patches into codebase, and test and install new features
- Assist product management in developing and prioritizing enhancement lists
- Summarize, communicate and escalate customer experiences to management
- Contribute to and maintain Knowledge Base
- Create diagnostic tools and utilities
- Participate in the On-Call rotation
Required Experience / Skills:
- 3+ years experience providing technical support for complex enterprise software solutions
- 2+ years experience with Linux - you must be adept using the CLI
- 2+ years of experience with networking (Sockets, HTTP, LDAP, proxies/firewalls, SSL)
- Must be able to understand Java code and perform thread / heap dump analysis
- Ability to write basic scripts in a common scripting language such as Python, Bash, Groovy, etc. in order to automate frequent operations or perform analysis
- Exceptional communication skills and a positive customer-centric attitude
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Organized, self-starter with an ability to follow through on issues under minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and quickly shift contexts
Desired Experience / Skills:
- SCM and CI/CD and associated tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Component management build tools (Ant, Maven, npm, NuGet etc.)
- Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- SQL and databases (H2 and Postgres in particular)
- Sonatype, jFrog, Snyk, Whitesource or similar products
- Software development (JAVA in particular)LDAP and SAML
- Deployment/Configuration of Cloud platforms such AWS, Azure and GCP
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.8
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.