Senior Strategic Partner Manager (Channels), (Remote, Australia) ANZ
About the role
The Shopify Channels Partner Manager will be leading Strategic Partnerships for ANZ and responsible for building a strategy that works alongside our global and local strategic partners. Good examples of these partners include Google, Facebook, Tiktok, Spotify and more. For Shopify to do this effectively, this role will focus on identifying and prioritising key partnerships, negotiating commercial agreements, building a strategy and joint go to market message, taking this joint message to a specific segment, learning and repeating where needed.
You will be required to engage multiple internal stakeholders to support these partnerships including Marketing, Sales, Support, Ecosystem and more. You will also be required to manage external stakeholders across the organisations we choose to partner with.
In terms of outcomes, to make commerce better for everyone, we want commerce to be accessible for everyone, from entrepreneurs just getting started to large brands who are investing in creating new digital experiences. We are looking for this role to drive new merchants to Shopify, help our existing merchants succeed, help increase our brand presence, and drive local strategic partnerships through authentic relationships that position Shopify as the voice on commerce.
Real talk: This is a new team so there’ll be a lot of scope to write the role and learn as you go. Being a member of a fast-moving team doing cutting edge work in a hyper growth environment is not always easy. That said, being pushed to the top of your game with smart, dedicated and highly-engaged colleagues and partners is incredibly fulfilling and a great catalyst for personal growth.
You'll be working on things like:
- Managing relationships with strategic partners and building long term high quality relationships with their regional/local teams.
- Creating and executing programs with partners.
- Researching key market players with overlapping audiences to Shopify across Australia and New Zealand for prospective partners.
- Be able to understand and communicate the competitive strengths and opportunity size of proposals and determine which Partnerships to invest in.
- Creating a joint value proposition for each partner and identifying the right program elements relevant to their particular audience
- Managing a pipeline of partnership opportunities and working alongside the local Business Development team and Global Partnerships team to vet opportunities.
- Work with marketing, legal, finance, leadership, and product teams across the organisation to identify workflow required to launch a mutually beneficial program.
- Propose potential programs by discovering and exploring opportunities with existing partners.
- 6-8 years of experience in the fields of Partnerships, Marketing, Strategy or equivalent industries.
- Experience in driving partnership strategies that drive acquisition and a strong understanding of the ANZ corporate landscape.
- The ability to understand the commercial intricacies of our partner’s businesses as they drive their respective KPIs.
- Strong internal stakeholder management skills and understanding of the varying teams across the global Shopify organisation.
- You excel at managing a portfolio of sponsorship and/or strategic partnerships, establishing and growing mutually beneficial business relationships.
- You have successfully originated and executed growth-centric deals with large, complex organisations.
- Strong prioritisation abilities managing a complex and ever-evolving body of work.
- Experience effectively representing corporate brand values, building and advancing the reputation of the organisation and its customers.
- The ability to thrive in chaos, resolve ambiguity, and think quickly on your feet.
- Can work well as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
- Experience using data and analytics to measure the impact of your work.
- Experience working in the tech space or another high-paced industry - it's important to understand our platform and the products we deliver.
- A “get shit done” attitude.
- Bonus: Experience working with channel and/or strategic partners will be highly regarded.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialised people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.