Senior SRE/DevOps Engineer - Maven Central US - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry, while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
We are looking for team members that want to help us change the way the world innovates through software. The Sonatype team has already done this through its contributions to the Maven build system, the Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus Lifecycle, and most recently with Sonatype Lift – literally changing the way the world creates and delivers software across thousands of organizations and millions of developers.
That was just the beginning. We need your help so that we can do it again. If you are interested in delivering value across nearly every decision made in the world of software development, to help companies create better and safer software faster, to transform innovation through software, read on.
Who you are and what you'll do:
- You are passionate about the open source ecosystem.
- You will be a member of the Maven Central team, which develops and operates the standard software repository used by the Java/JVM ecosystem. More info at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9zHea6w6gs
- You will help ensure the availability, security, and health of the Maven Central platform and help evolve it.
- You are a person who has 6+ years of experience running high availability systems and supporting infrastructure in customer-facing production environments.
What skill you need:
- Proficiency with a high-level programming language (eg: Python, Go, Java)
- Proficiency in modern technical operating practices, including infrastructure as code, cloud-service integration, and SRE principles and practices.
- Experience with specific technologies should include at least a subset of: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, CDN, Java (or other language) build processes.
- Experience with using data from service observability and control tools (monitoring agents, metrics, logging and dashboards) to drive decision making. We use Datadog as a primary platform but specific experience with it is not required.
- Comfortable participating in an on-call rotation with teammates
Things we are proud of:
- Things We Are Proud Of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.